NANNY SHARE is a wonderful way to provide your child with very personalized, home-base child care and share the costs of this care with another family. Many families find that the nanny share is the answer to managing their childcare expenses.
The service became popular in western nations during times of economic stress such as the Dot Com era etc. There is no doubt that in this Nigerian season, families need to find ways to cut down expenses and wisely utilize valuable resource. TeamIcarella spent long hard hours at the drawing table pondering and designing innovative ways families can still get for their beloved children support care for which they need not compromise on quality, and we believe the Nanny Share structure is the key
So how does this ‘Nanny Share’ thing Really Work?
With a nanny share, two or more families have at least one nanny who takes care of children of families involved in the share at the same time. You can have a “full” nanny share which means that one nanny takes care of two families’ kids at the same time, without any individualized care. Another option is a “partial” share, when a nanny takes care of two families’ children sometimes individually and sometimes together.
The Benefits of Nanny Sharing
- The most obvious benefit is the access to quality in home care at about half or even less than the rate it usually would cost
- A nanny share works well for families who need a flexible childcare arrangement unlike day nurseries which will expect fixed times for dropping your child off and picking up.
- If your child is unwell, a nanny may still care for your child. With other forms of childcare, you’ll have to take time off work to care for him/her.
- Nanny Shares helps the families involved foster a habit of coordinated time scheduling.
- Another advantage of nanny sharing is that your child can be cared for in her own home or at the home of a friend. This means she’ll be in a familiar environment, and will be cared for with other children she knows well.
- You child will also benefit from socializing with another child similar in age.
The biggest pitfalls of a nanny share are failure of the parties to adequately communicate terms/conditions in advance and failure of the parties to plan for the end of the share arrangement before it actually starts.
You may or never may have considered nanny sharing as a way to get quality childcare for your loved ones, but if its an option you are willing to consider, then let Icarella guide you through the process whilst providing you with the ideal candidate. Click on the topics below to get tips and guidelines